Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Chemical Romance: Danger Days: The true lives of fabulous killjoys

Artist: My Chemical Romance
Album: Danger Days: The true lives of fabulous killjoys
Sounds like: Gerard Way meets  Jonas Altberg( Basshunter) and they hang out with Martin Johnson( lead singer of Boys Like Girls) and it doesn't suck!


This album is the bands 5th CD album release, but for some time this new album was thought to never see the light of day because of the Black Parade album becoming so popular. This CD is nothing like the bands previously released. It’s more of a bubbly upbeat energizing piece rather than the dark hysteria we're used to. One song I enjoyed from this album was track 3 Bulletproof Heart, this song is expressing the fact that nobody can hurt his heart anymore because he put up a shield. It also is talking about being forgiven, not letting you lose the fight before it’s over, and wondering who is going to save you. I really enjoyed this CD. If Jesus was a friend of this band, he would be very approving because these songs speak truth about forgiveness and being saved, especially in Bulletproof Heart (ultimately it reflects his character). It’s very energetic and puts you in a very good mood. I loved it! This band helped me to realize that you have to fight the good fight. If you don’t want the depression of life to get you, admit what you did and God will save you.













Bulletproof Heart
Gravity
Don't mean too much to me
I'm who I've got to be
These pigs are after me
After you

Run away
Like it was yesterday
And we could run away
If we could run away
Run away from here 

I've got a bulletproof heart
You got a hollow point smile
Me and your runaway scars
Got a photograph
Dream on the getaway mile
Let's blow a hole in this town
Too much talking with a laser beam
Gunnin' out of this place
In a bullet's embrace
Then we'll do it again
How can they say
Jenny could you come back home
Cause everybody knows you don't
Ever wanna come back
Let me be the one to save you
Gravity
Don't mean too much to me
I'm who I've got to be
These pigs are after me
After you
Run away
Like it was yesterday
When we could run away
When we could run away
Run away from here
I'm shooting out of this room
Because I sure don't like the company
Stop your preaching right there
Cause I really don' t care
And I'll do it again
So get me out of my head
Cause it's getting quite cramped you know
Coming ready or not
When the motor gets hot
We can do it again 


 



Pros
*Positive bubbly music
*Mood remains upbeat and encouraging
*No depression
Cons
*Some foul language in 1 or 2 songs
*Depending on if you love dark music its not like the old style
A+
Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...